Assess the time spent in transports
The hub of numerous transport infrastructures, La Défense is less than 15 minutes from the heart of Paris. This exceptional level of service explains the success that this business district is enjoying with a growing number of companies.
Thus, 85% of people working daily in La Défense use public transport - the business district has an exceptionally dense network of means of transport.
La Défense is accessible by:
- Metro: line 1, which crosses Paris from east to west, has two stations in La Défense. These account for about 100,000 passengers a day
- The RER (High Speed Network): line A, which also provides an east-west link at the regional level directly connects La Défense to the Etoile district in Paris in less than 10 minutes.
- The SNCF Train “Transilien” : different lines connect the Paris Saint-Lazare station to the hubs of western Paris via La Défense.
- The tram: the T2 line connects La Défence directly to Issy-les-Moulineaux and to the south of Hauts-de-Seine.
- Roads: La Defense is located on a node of main roads and motorways (A 14, A 86, RN114, N7).